Thursday, April 22, 2010

Word Play

Kids say a ton of crazy things. What I think is really funny is when actual words are made up for real items. Below are two words that Luke has completely made up, we have no idea where these have come from.

1.Chine(pronounced like 'chime', except with an 'n'): This is the plastic thing you put on a door knob to prevent children for opening the door.

Used in a sentence: "Mom, why did you put the chine back on the door?"

2.Penny-Bug: Pinata

Ex. We Are at Walmart passing the Pinatas....."Mom, I want the Elmo penny-bug at my birthday party!"

We have NO idea how these words came to be. Although I can say that we have started using 'chine' in our house.

As in, "Sorry Luke, the chines have to be on the doors." I do kind of feel like an idiot, but at least we are all on the same page.

No comments:

Post a Comment