Thursday, April 22, 2010

Now & Then

So this August will be thirteen years I have lived in Tennessee. I moved from California in 1997 to finish college. Every August I always marvel to myself that I have been here for as long as I have and that I consider TN my home now. Although it isn't August I started thinking to myself all the things that are different now versus then and I thought I would compile a list. Here goes:
13 years ago....

1.I was 20
2.I still lived in CA, hadn't moved to TN yet
3.I hadn't met my husband
4.I didn't have a college degree
5.I drove a Dodge Neon....which was the first car I paid for!
6.My dad didn't have Alzheimer's
7.I worked at Mimi's Cafe
8.I didn't have children
9.I did have a blind cat named Hope
10.I had never tailgated
11.My brother was 12!
12. I hadn't met my best friend 'S'
13.I had never lived away from home
14.I thought cowboys were hot...I guess some still are :)
15.I hadn't been to Mardi Gras in New Orleans
16.I hadn't owned a convertible yet
17.I had never heard of Peyton Manning
18.I didn't understand the constant worrying my mom always had for us....now that I'm a mom, I get it.
19.I had never been inside a Hooters
20.My sister Dani was alive and doing great! Good times.

My sister Dani....You are missed everyday.
I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment