Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Hair-Raising Event

Question: How many parents does it take to wash a child's hair? Answer: I'm not sure.

(!st Pic: What Ben normally looks like... 2nd Pic: After last night's bath)

So I can't say that Ben's hair never sticks up, however it has never taken on characteristics of someone with crimped-but-brushed-out hair before last night. Seriously...look close, you can see areas where it looks like we tried to brush out curly hair. Not so: Ben's hair is straight as a board!
Last Night: I started the boys' baths. I wet Ben's hair, and lathered it up with shampoo. Then, Todd comes in to take over so I could go get their pj's ready. After a few minutes Todd brings Ben in to me wrapped in a towel. I put his diaper on and then glance up at his hair, which is completely dry and totally frizzy. Todd, who is dressing Luke by this point looks and says, "What happened to Ben's hair?" We just stared at Ben. Who is this child with kinky/brushed out/almost dreadlocked hair? We were totally dumbfounded. As we got the boys dressed we could not stop laughing. Ben looked like a walking Q-tip. Fast Forward to this morning. Sleeping on this crazy hair did nothing to improve it. I took him to school like this. I walked up to a couple of friends and they started laughing. Then all of the teachers who were in the room mobbed around us. I'm not exaggerating. In fact one teacher held up her phone to take a picture of poor Ben and his crazy hair.
Mystery Solved: Everyone was asking what happened. I had no answers for them. Had Ben's hair morphed in to some thing new? Anyway I called Todd on the way home & told him what happened at school. He said, "Do you think Ben's hair is ruined forever?" I said, "No I think we'll just really scrub it tonight and see what happens." Todd: "Did you not wash it last night?" Me: "Yes, I lathered it up right before you took over bath duty...did you rinse it? " Todd: "No."
So let's do the math. Shampooed Hair + No rinsing + Towel dried = Giant Afro

My Conclusion: Two parents should not be in charge of bath time.

1 comment:

  1. ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS "SHAMPOO" STORY...IT BRINGS BACK SO MANY, MANY MEMORIES...LOVE YOU LISA FOR SHARING...MOM

    ReplyDelete