Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Days of our Lives

Ben fell asleep in the car the other day and I was able to get him in to his room without waking him up. I almost put him in his bed when I glanced at the chair in his room. It crossed my mind that I had so much more time with Luke as a baby. So, instead of putting him down I wrapped a warm blanket around him and just rocked him for a little bit. He is getting so big. So fast time is going by. They are going to be in elementary school and then teenagers before I know it. As much as the 'day-to-day' stuff can be crazy....it's the little stuff that life is made of. These boys are so precious. Children are so incredibly honest with no hidden agendas. When I put on some new pj pants the other night I love that Luke said, "Mom, those pants are ugly!." It was just his own little opinion, it's great! Anyway, I 'm getting off on a tangent. Back to sleeping Ben. I just wanted to take in his sweet little sleeping face and etch it into my memory forever. I realize that I simply have to put aside housework and other stuff so I can just hold on to these boys. Before long they will be driving a car to get away from me! So...the sweet moment with Ben continued. It was wonderful. Then Todd walked in, looked at us (reminding you that 14 month old Ben is wrapped in a blanket), and said, "Are you breast feeding Ben ?" I stopped breast feeding Ben at 7 months....it's not like if you get the urge you just start doing it again! So much for the touching moment with sweet Ben. Thanks Todd.

My Sleeping Boys...
Luke @ 1 month... Ben @ 1 month....

1 comment: