Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Catch up fast!

So it's been awhile! I didn't realize it was June when I last wrote anything. In a nutshell, my dad has been living with us since April of this year, my brother got married in August and about a million other small things in between. Also, my sweet dog Maddie who was so sick for a year (I wrote about in previous posts) is/was doing great, but has now been missing for over a week now. Back in June we had 2 dogs...Abe and Maddie. As Maddie was making her recovery from Blastomycosis...Abe died on July 18th...totally out of the blue. Maddie seemed to be going through a depression and was crying almost every day for very long periods. Long story short: we got another dog. I found a 2 yr old red bone hound on trade radio. We brought Dixie home and Maddie and Dixie were doing really well. That was about 2 months ago. Then last week a really crazy storm blew our gate open and poof: both dogs: GONE! WE have been searching everywhere. I have called every animal control in our city and the surrounding ones. We like Dixie, but had not formed the attachment to her yet. Maddie is 7 and we have had her since she was 7 weeks old....this has been horrible. I'm hoping they or at least Maddie will find her way home. On a different note, I'm going to change my blog up a little. I'm still going to write about my crazy life, but I'm also going to chronicle our life since/ with my dad living with us. My dad is 75 years old and has Alzheimer's .

No comments:

Post a Comment